We have to pleasure of announcing the release of Merkaartor 0.16.0.
Besides the usual bug fixes, the main nicenesses are:
- Added the possibility to show a lat/lon grid
- Support for WMS-C servers (see http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Merkaartor/Documentation#WMS-C_Servers)
- Support for "standard" (as in http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Tile_Map_Service_Specification) TMS servers
- Allow to tile (and cache) arbitrary WMS'es (only EPSG:4326 and google projection supported)
- Allow google maps links and others in goto and download dialogs
- Added a projection editor
- Enhanced Relations support
- Geo-tagging of photos inside Merkaartor, importing them without track layer and displaying them directly on the map
- Improved SHP support
- Support for JOSM remote protocol on port 8111
- Added Ramer-Douglas-Peucker simplification of ways (in Roads menu)
- and many tweaks and little things...
Please check the CHANGELOG file for the full list of improvements since 0.15
Head on to the Files section and happy mapping.
The Merkaartor Team