Merkaartor 0.17.0 released
We have to pleasure of announcing the release of Merkaartor 0.17.0.
Besides the usual bug fixes, the main nicenesses are:
- French Cadastre plugin
- Bing Maps plugin
- GDAL raster background plugin
- Printing and exporting to PDF/raster/SVG
- Extrude interaction for ways
- Filter system
- Toolbar editor (create/modify tollbars)
- Allow to align background image with <SPACE>+pan
- When opening/importing, always fallback to GDAL if available. Allows to open most GDAL supported geomtery files.
- Styles : allow to texture areas with an icon
- Auto-add "source" tag when drawing over a background map; define the value in the WMS and TMS editors
- New command line options: "--ignore-preferences" && "--reset-preferences"
- "--importag-tags-as-is" command-line switch to prevent adding underscores to imported tags
- When creating a way or area, press "C" to close the current way
- New preference: "Allow node/way creation in select mode". When checked, allows double-click to create a node and double-click on a node to start a way in select mode.
- Snap to angle functionality when creating way: keeping "o" pressed snap to 45° angles, "h" snap to 30° angles
- Ability to enter and select multiple OSM servers in preferences
- Use Nominatim (http://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/) for place name lookup due to gazetteer closure
- Support for XAPI
- Allow to rename a layer by double-clicking on its name
- If a shapefile do not provide its projection, ask the user for it and do not crash
- "Set view projection to layer's" action added to image layers; set the main projection to the one of the layer
- Tool to align edges to regularly spaced angles (can orthogonalise buildings)
- Join areas tool
- Add a "portable" mode to merkaartor via command-line ("-p") or build setting ("PORTABLE=1")
- Add a "Find" button to the Feature dock. Press "Reset" to revert to list current features.
- and many tweaks and little things...
Please check the CHANGELOG file for the full list of improvements since 0.16
Head on to the Files section and happy mapping.
The Merkaartor Team