Merkaartor 0.18.4 released
(published on 2019-11-14)
A new version of Merkaartor has been released, the 0.18.4. You can download it
in the Download section or on Github Github
A short changelog:
- Fixed “Create rectangular building” when panning (issue 125).
- Fixed wrong GPS track rendering of anonymized tracks (issue 181).
- Fixed a few bugs in gpsd handling.
- Fixed remote control not to trigger multiple downloads (issue 147).
- Fixed parsing of some OSM links.
- Fixed import of some GPX files.
- Updated GDAL, Proj.4 and Exiv2 code to support newer versions.
- Fixed wrong DPI when printing and exporting map.
- Fixed OSM renderer caching mechanism.
- Fixed wheel zooming speeds.
- Various stability issues.
- Various typos.
- Removed broken plugins: gosmore, NavigBackground, Yahoo imagery.
- Removed mobilemerk (unused and unusable build profile).
- Spatialite backend (unused and unusable data backend).
Merkaartor 0.18.3 released
(published on 2016-09-06)
A new version of Merkaartor has been released, the 0.18.3. It is the
(hopefully) last bugfix release for the 0.18.3 branch and contains many minor
fixes and a few feature improvements. You can download it in the Download section.
Check out a short changelog in the
repository or a complete list of commits. Here are a few that might be of
- Mac OS X binaries available.
- Fixed compatibility with NMEA files created by Garmin GLO.
- Partially fixed printing support (but still has quality issues).
- Fixed communication with gpsd-3.12 and newer.
- Fixed issues with transparent background imagery being painted over itself.
- Improved download dialog map to allow larger zoom and area selection by dragging a rectangle around it.
- Added relation filter, allowing you to display only relations intersecting with current selection.
- Separated import of native formats and via GDAL.
- Fixed a few crashes, and many other minor bugs.
Unless some fatal issue is found, the next release will start the 0.19 series.
I have some changes already in mind, but I’m looking for suggestions. Let me
know if you have some wishes!
Merkaartor 0.18.2 released
(published on 2015-07-19)
After a long sleep, the 0.18.2 version of Merkaartor is released. It’s mostly
bug-fixing release, with some internal improvements to the infrastructure.
You can download it in the Download section.
Some of the big changes are:
- Support for Qt5
- Documented Windows build framework.
- Fixed a LOT of crashes (not all of them, but we’re working on it)
- Code cleanup and refactoring (thanks to Michal Pokorný!)
- A lot more minor fixes and improvements, you can read all of them in the git commit history.
What’s planned for the next release?
- Fix all of the crashes that are reported.
- Revive OSX builds.
- Remove or fix some unused/broken code (esp. Spatialite, GDAL, mobilemerk)
The web is back up
(published on 2015-03-15)
After some time, the merkaartor.be is back up. As the old redmine stuff was not
updated, buggy, and not secure, it was down for a long time. I’ve built a new,
simple site, mostly for publishing news and hosting releases. All the bug
tracking integrated in the old site will now happen on