Merkaartor 0.18.4 released
(published on 14. 11. 2019)
A new version of Merkaartor has been released, the 0.18.4. You can download it
in the Download section or on Github Github
- Fixed "Create rectangular building" when panning (issue 125).
- Fixed wrong GPS track rendering of anonymized tracks (issue 181).
- Fixed a few bugs in gpsd handling.
- Fixed remote control not to trigger multiple downloads (issue 147).
- Fixed parsing of some OSM links.
- Fixed import of some GPX files.
- Updated GDAL, Proj.4 and Exiv2 code to support newer versions.
- Fixed wrong DPI when printing and exporting map.
- Fixed OSM renderer caching mechanism.
- Fixed wheel zooming speeds.
- Various stability issues.
- Various typos.
- Removed broken plugins: gosmore, NavigBackground, Yahoo imagery.
- Removed mobilemerk (unused and unusable build profile).
- Spatialite backend (unused and unusable data backend).
Merkaartor 0.18.3 released
(published on 06. 09. 2016)
A new version of Merkaartor has been released, the 0.18.3. It is the
(hopefully) last bugfix release for the 0.18.3 branch and contains many minor
fixes and a few feature improvements. You can download it in the Download section.
Check out a short changelog in the
repository or a complete list of commits. Here are a few that might be of
- Mac OS X binaries available.
- Fixed compatibility with NMEA files created by Garmin GLO.
- Partially fixed printing support (but still has quality issues).
- Fixed communication with gpsd-3.12 and newer.
- Fixed issues with transparent background imagery being painted over itself.
- Improved download dialog map to allow larger zoom and area selection by dragging a rectangle around it.
- Added relation filter, allowing you to display only relations intersecting with current selection.
- Separated import of native formats and via GDAL.
- Fixed a few crashes, and many other minor bugs.
Unless some fatal issue is found, the next release will start the 0.19 series.
I have some changes already in mind, but I'm looking for suggestions. Let me
know if you have some wishes!
Merkaartor 0.18.2 released
(published on 19. 07. 2015)
After a long sleep, the 0.18.2 version of Merkaartor is released. It's mostly
bug-fixing release, with some internal improvements to the infrastructure.
You can download it in the Download section.
Some of the big changes are:
- Support for Qt5
- Documented Windows build framework.
- Fixed a LOT of crashes (not all of them, but we're working on it)
- Code cleanup and refactoring (thanks to Michal Pokorný!)
- A lot more minor fixes and improvements, you can read all of them in the git commit history.
What's planned for the next release?
- Fix all of the crashes that are reported.
- Revive OSX builds.
- Remove or fix some unused/broken code (esp. Spatialite, GDAL, mobilemerk)
The web is back up
(published on 15. 03. 2015)
After some time, the merkaartor.be is back up. As the old redmine stuff was not
updated, buggy, and not secure, it was down for a long time. I've built a new,
simple site, mostly for publishing news and hosting releases. All the bug
tracking integrated in the old site will now happen on